Pediatric ophthalmologists at Children's Hospital Colorado diagnose and treat kids' complex childhood eye disorders and eye traumas in the region. Our specialists treat disorders like strabismus, cataracts, genetic eye diseases and eye trauma.
The multidisciplinary approach to care at Children's Colorado means that pediatric eye specialists are able to easily access and consult with experts throughout the hospital to ensure children with multiple or contributing medical conditions receive the best care possible. Our ophthalmology team collaborates with one of the region’s best-equipped and staffed Newborn Intensive Care Units, the region’s top pediatric neurosurgeons, nationally recognized oncologists and a wide range of medical specialties to provide the best children’s vision care.
Reinforced by the hospital’s affiliation with the University of Colorado School of Medicine, education and research are integrated into clinical care. This means that educating parents, patients, medical students and residents are a top priority.
Why choose Children’s Hospital Colorado for the treatment of eye conditions?
Our ophthalmologists are board-certified and fellowship trained in pediatric ophthalmology (the study and treatment of disorders and diseases of the eye). Diagnosing eye problems in children is not an easy task. Early detection and treatment of childhood eye disease can prevent permanent vision loss and disability, which is why it is important that children who are suspected of having a sight-threatening condition are seen by a pediatric eye care specialist.
Pediatric specialists keep kids calm and focused during exams
Because we treat only children and teens at Children's Colorado, we know how to keep a child's attention during eye exams and how to put parents at ease. This can make a big difference in diagnosing and treating your child.
A kid-friendly environment is one of the nation's top rated hospitals
Children's Colorado is nationally ranked among children's hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Our team of pediatric eye specialists diagnose and treat children with medical and surgical eye diseases. We are in a kid and family friendly clinic setting where patients and families have access to an optical shop for filling eyeglass prescriptions and other eye wear needs.
We provide a variety of pediatric ophthalmology and optometry services, including
- Second-opinion consultations, diagnosis and treatment of common disorders such as cataracts, glaucoma and eye problems associated with other conditions such as Down syndrome.
- Pediatric contact lens services
- Complete surgical care for pediatric eye conditions
- Access to the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank and the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute (RMLEI) for pediatric care of oculoplastics, cornea, retina and glaucoma.
- The Optical Shop is located on the Anschutz Medical Campus for the purchase of kids' eyewear. Patients of Children’s Colorado, as well as non-patients, are welcome to fill eyewear prescriptions here. The shop is open 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday on the first floor of the Outpatient Pavilion. No appointment is needed; just stop in and bring your child’s prescription.